Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Play to Act

They say that theater involves acting injected with music and a lot of other effects such as lights, props, personality and a whole lot more. As an advocate of the arts, I have actually seen a couple of musical plays on stage. Some of them are boring as they go (or they just never amuse me) and some may be appealing. I personally think acting on stage is like any normal child's play, except that it's serious this time. Why do I say play? Simply because the whole masterpiece loses its sole purpose if the actors on stage do not have fun nor enjoy what they are doing. I actually know a certain number of people who do act on stage just for the sake of the monetary benefits and honestly, they do not live up to the standards of theater. Its mainly different when the actors put their heart into it just like any ordinary child playing with his/her favorite game. I remember as a kid I loved to play beautician. Whenever I take out my dolls, I brush their hairs carefully and dress them as if they were real. One musical play that I know of is Hinilawod. I have seen this stage play on stage twice and mind you, everyone (including their crew) had their passion of it. Well I guess they really understood what it meant to be on stage and talking to the audience or imparting their piece. That's what theater is ought to be. So the next time you think of acting, think of playing except that it's serious. :)



No comments:

Post a Comment